What is Android 4.4 KitKat?
Android 4.4 KitKat is basically a version of the Operating System (O.S.) for smartphones and tablets.
This is an operating system that uses advanced memory optimization technologies. Android 4.4 KitKat is an Operating System available on Android devices with 512 MB of RAM (Random Access Memory). This version of the Operating System was important because the previous versions of O.S. required a lot of internal storage which became incompatible with other older devices. This was a major problem of all the previous versions of O.S. and this problem is referred to as Android Fragmentation.
How can you bypass Android 4.4 (KitKat) External SD write restrictions without root?
Android 4.4 version has so many good and bad sides. Android version 4.4 does not allow the users to write to Micro SD cards. The devices that have internal storage only are not affected by this version. When KitKat is installed on some of the other devices there are a limited number of apps are available in order to manipulate the files in the storage but this version of android 4.4 SD card restrictions.
This is all system level restriction. This is how android version 4.4 works.
How can we do android move files to SD card when using android version 4.4?
We need to know some of the tips and tricks and they are mentioned below:
- First of all, we need to be prepared so that we can easily transfer all the files to the SD card. For that, we need an app cable. B1 File manager is the best and the most superior app cable that helps in transferring of files.
- Then you should know the basics, KitKat is a version that does not allow all writing operations. They have specially designated folders. After the app is installed people can easily select the files and transfer them to the SD card.
So, by moving files to the selected folders you can easily bypass the SD card limitation but there is one thing that a person should keep in mind:
If you uninstall the app (B1 file manager) all the folder of that app is going to delete and all the data stored in that will also be deleted. So, before you do that you better copy all the contents of folders to the internal storage of your device.
How can you fix or restore full access to external SD card?
Some of the methods are mentioned below to fix 4.4. permissions SD card:
First of all, make sure that your phone is rooted after that follow the steps mentioned below:
- Using a root-enabled file manager such as B1 file manager navigate to /system/etc./permissions. This will help you in fixing permissions for SD card.
- After that edit, the platform and find write internal storage permission.
- After that add additional group information for this permission. Then save the changes to file.
- Restart the phone and you are done.
This is all that a person should know about Android 4.4